Friday, September 11, 2015

Too tired to eat

After arriving at 1:30ish in the morning and getting a few hours sleep, I raided the apartment cupboard and had some protein bars, and a few olives. Packed my lunch (a few protein bars) and then remembered that I had a lunhc date with one of the vistors to the site at Sattyam http://www.sattvamrestaurant.com  (which was fantastic btw!). Second time I have been there and really enjoyed it. 

After a lite lunch we made a pit stop at at a place called Nature's Basket (naturesbasket.co.in) and found a few bottles of Indian wine for a Ottawa based friend of mine, plus the elusive Coke Zero and a number of other international cuisine items (like cheeses). I will try and return there this weekend and grab a few things. Seemed to be cheaper than Foodhall. Oh an bought an apple as I had no fruit today so far. 

After a full day of work, returned home at around 7:30 and stopped in a my local More's to get some of the essentials. Fat free yogurt, some fruit for this week, a few herbs, some chicken. 

Here are some of the prices for freash food:

Around 50 g of green chillies 1.5 INR. or 3 cents Canadian. Oh, btw, we no longer have the penny in Canada so this would cost you 5 cents.

A green pepper was 3.27 INR or 7 cents Canadian.

A cauliflower was 17 INR or 34 cents Canadian.

400g of yogurt is 59.40 INR or 1.20 Canadian.

5 small tomotoes was 5.49 INR or 11 cents Canadian

Coriander and Mint were 3 INR each or 7 cents Canadian each.

12 eggs was 52 INR or about 1.04 Canadian.

2 Cucumbers was 5.67 INR or 11 cents Canadian total. 

Around 15 garlics was 51 INR (and they come in a bag so you cannot buy just one), 1.04 Canadian.

A honeydew melon was 28.21 INR

My big ticket item was 4 boneless skinless chicken breast at 262.73 IN total or 5.24 Canadian, followed closley by 4 royal gala apples at 195 INR or 3.89 Canadian.

So broguht all the food back to the apartment and was too tired to cook. Had a few protein bars, a couple pickles, some olives. I tried to heat up a chili protein mix in the microwave and it ended up boiling over and was ruined. By 10:00 pm I was beat and hit the hay. 

And woke up at 2:00 am. Dang. 

For breakfast, I've planned to go to Mavalli Tiffin Room (MTR for short). http://www.mavallitiffinrooms.com and I'll post that review later today. Unfortunately that means I won't be eating for another 5:00 hours...and I've got a bit of a craving today for some reason. Its a good thing that I don't buy junk food anymore as I think I would be scarfing it down. 

Maybe I'll go for a walk on the treadmill...







No comments:

Post a Comment