Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Progress on maintainence

As I mentioned previously, I'm now in the maintainence phase of the diet. I've increased the protein portions by two to 11/day and the fat portions by 2/day to 7. 

So here is what I ate yesterday:

Protein
3 eggs, 
2 protein bars
1/3 cup of black lentils and red beans (dal malkani)
2/3 cup yellow lentils (dal)
2 oz of chicken

Fat
2 slices of bacon
2 tsp peanut butter
20 Almonds
6 cashews
4 Olives

Free Veggies
A chilli,
2 tomatoes, 1/2 caulifower and 2 more tomoatoes
5 pickles
Glass of tomato juice
another 2 tomatoes
Cucumber

Restricted Veggies
Onion

Dairy
Milk
Yogurt

Fruit
Apple
Pineapple
Beer (yes it counts as fruit)

 A ton of coffee.

I should have had one more fruit to complete the daily allotment, but I was stuffed. 

And down  a pound today. Consistently dropping since going on maintainence so I'm not getting enough and this is without any meaniful exercise due my achilles injury and my back needing to be iced constantly. 

So I haven't plateaued yet. 

I will add another protein serving and another fat protein.

This will be my new daily allotment:

12 Protein servings
8 Fat servings
4 Fruit servings
Unlimited Free Veg servings
1 Resricted Veg serving
2 Dairy servings
4 Fruit servings
Lots of water (or in my case coffee).

Still avoiding the carbs (bread/rice/pasta) but may allow myself another dosa on the weekend. Need to plan for that breakage. A friend told me about a south india fast food place called Adigas that I need to try and there is one around the corner. I'm a little leary of fast food as this looks like the pizza hut of India when I walked by...I'd prefer to find another interesting little breakfast joint somewhere. 

Another thing to note about the diet this week is that I have ventured into the realm of eating raw veggies in India. I still wash everything and avoid leafy veg with large surface areas. But so far I have had numerous tomoatoes, cucumbers, onions and apples, and few cauliflower florets. The later  is probably the most risky as it has a relatively large surface area. Knock on wood, I'm still good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment