Sunday, September 13, 2015

Dal Makhani

So this is actually something with a little modification I can make and eat.

The base is black lentils and red kidney beans. Check, I can eat those.  

Next is onions and tomatoes. Again check and check. Well onions are a restricted veg, so just limit the quantity. Portion sizes pretty much take care of this with onions so not really concerned here.

I'm using a premix which in this case is just spices (no sugar) so check.

The next step is the only modification I made to the recipe and that is to skip the butter.  You could put a little bit of olive oil instead if you really need the extra taste. I found I didn't really need it. 

A serving on the diet is 1/3 of a cup. Might kit seen like a lot but 1/3 of a cup makes for a good snack size and 2/3 is a good meal size. 

My meals are generally 3 or 4 servings so for example tonight this will be 1/2 the allotted servings of protein. 2 servings of chicken (2 x 1oz) will make up the other 1/2 of the allotted servings of protein.


No comments:

Post a Comment