Monday, October 12, 2015

Thanksgiving day dinner

Well I wasn't about to cook a turkey for a couple of reasons:


  1. Turkeys are hard to find in Bangalore this time of year. Apparently around xmas they are available.
  2. A turkey would be way to big for one person to eat.
  3. No oven and turkey tartar is probably a really bad idea.
  4. I've been trying to go more towards being a vegetarian  with two of three meals being pure veg these days. 
So....what do I make for dinner. 

It a work day for me here in Bangalore so some thing less elaborate. 

I know! Paneer. Paneer is very much like Haloumi in that it is a firm cheese that can be BBQed or fried and doesn't easily lose it's shape. They are very different cheeses and I like them both. 

In any case, I made a veggie salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, garlic, avocado for some fat, and green peppers.

The paneer is sprinkled with a little salt, pepper and masala on one side and then fried in a hot pan with a small amount of olive oil.  In this case, it was rosemary flavoured olive oil from the Unrefined Olive located in Ottawa, Canada. It was really good!

2 ounces of protein for the paneer and 1 fat (for the avocado/oil) and I'm full!
 
I made enough salad for my lunch tomorrow too! Bonus!




No comments:

Post a Comment